Must See Central Park Carriage Rides
Rates are set by the city and are $54.08 for the first 20 minutes or fraction thereof $21.78 for each additional 10 minutes.
Rates are per trip and NOT per person. Each carriage may carry up to 4 adults, or 3 adults and 2 children under the age of 12.
Standard Recommended Central Park Carriage Ride Price:
20 minutes - $54.08
50 minutes - $118.97 (Recommended to enjoy Central Park)
All prices are per carriage (up to four people), not per person.
Enjoy the oldest Central Park tradition!
In New York City, horse-drawn carriages are a symbol of pre-modern, life before the advent of motor vehicles. During this time New Yorkers would transport by horse-drawn carriages. Over time, horses became a symbol to New York City -- along with the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, the Statue of Liberty and the street-side performers. Horse-Drawn Carriages are one of the rare ways to taste the Central Park history. Standard Central Park Carriage Rides: The standard carriage ride rates $50 for the first 20 minutes. Then each additional 10 minutes spend in the carriage is $20, and longer rides are in accordance with your wishes. Prices are regulated by NYC, and can be seen on either side of your carriage. Horse-drawn carriages are stationed along Central Park South.
Must See Central Park (Pre-Arranged) Carriage Rides: You can ensure your carriage ride will be available at the time you wish. By making a reservation you are guaranteeing yourself a specific date and time for your ride. Our ride prices are on a time basis, from 20 to 90 minutes. Pre-arranged rides usually start on 59th Street and 7th Avenue.
Please refer to our FAQ guide for refunds and cancellations
All rides are subject to certain regulations, which are for the safety of the people. You must read the NYC Carriage Ride rules and regulations and ordinances page before booking.
Why choose Must See Central Park?
- All Must See Central Park team members are professional licensed New York City horse-drawn carriage drivers.
- Our horse-drawn carriage driver will inform you about history of the park and point out famous buildings.
- Our entertaining and friendly drivers show personal sincerity.
- Our carriages can be top-opened for the warmer weather conditions or top-closed for keeping you warmer.
- Due to New York City rules and regulations and ordinances, if a pre-arranged horse-carriage ride is canceled, the customers may select to postpone the day service or claim a full refund.
- If a pre-arranged horse-carriage ride is canceled 24 hours prior, the customers may select to postpone the day service or claim a refund. Please see our cancellation policy.
Operates: Daily - All year round.
Our store, located at 56 W 56 St. (between 5th and 6th ave).
Please show-up 30 minutes prior to your appointment to check in. We will personally usher you to your carriage. Please feel free to email or call us if you have any further questions.
Summer/Fall: In warm weather, dress light, wear sunblock and comfortable shoes.
Winter/Spring: In cool weather, wear layered clothing to ensure comfort.
- The horse and carriage ride is available from 11:00am until 10:30pm.
- The duration of the tour is around 20 or 45 minutes.
- One carriage can hold a maximum of four people. If you have a larger group you will have to take more than 1 carriage.
- Please stop by our store 30 minutes prior to your appointment to check in and so we make sure your carriage is set and ready to go. At this point we'll personally usher you to your carriage. We're located at 56 W 56 St. (between 5th and 6th ave) Please feel free to email or call us if you have any further questions.
- For cancellations please refer to our cancellation policy.